Monday, April 25, 2016

Question Centered Guided Meditation - What are the Benefits - jessicacrossasmr.com


I began meditating because I knew it was good for me, but it always felt like a chore.  Occasionally pictures and stories would pop into my head but I would try to get rid of them as I did my thoughts about current situations.  

At one point I started letting these stories unfold and I was amazed.  They seemed to appear from outside of me, but always taught me something.  I also felt invigorated and refreshed afterwards.  So, eventually I just stopped trying to clear my mind and let these guided meditations take over.  As long as I wasn't just having a fantasy argument with my boss, I let these stories unfold.  

This allowed me to love meditation.  I do really value the benefits of Mindfulness meditation and still practice this type of meditation, but often a guided meditation is what I need to give me a new perspective and stop taking my current situation so seriously.  If you are new to guided meditations it may feel like you are telling yourself a story and you may feel in control of what you see.  That is alright, if you continue you will be surprised what eventually pops up that you did not "decide" to put in the meditation.  I promise.

Here is a meditation to help you let go of what you no longer want to hold on to.  I hope you enjoy.  Read through the meditation and then close your eyes and visualize what you remember.  Don't worry if your version is different from mine, yours is always right for You!  You can also listen to the meditation in this video:



Find more Free and for Purchase Mp3's and Ebooks HERE. 
 
Guide Letting Go


Get comfortable and take a few deep breaths.  Picture your physical body as if you were floating above it.  What are you wearing?  What is the expression on your face?  What does the room look like?  

Once you have explored your physical environment and body in detail continue to float up to the ceiling with your energy body.  Float through the ceiling and the roof of your home.  Float up into the sky until you come to a small cloud.  

Climb up onto that cloud.  The cloud is firm under your feet but feels a bit spongy.  At the other end of the cloud sits one of your guides behind a table.  This may be a new guide to you or a guide you already know.  Greet your guide.  If this is a new guide you may ask for their name.  Ask your guide what they are there to teach you.
Your guide then hands you a flower.  How many petals are on the flower?  Each petal is for something you want to release; an emotion, feeling, experience, and/or belief.  You do not need to use all of the petals right now.  Think of one thing you want to release.  Pick one petal from the flower and when you are ready release it into the wind.  Watch the petal float away and give that over to the air.  Continue to pick petals until you have released everything you would like to for now.  Feel your burden lighten as you allow the air to help carry what you have sent it.
Your guide now places a flower pot filled with dirt on the table.  Your guide also hands you a large seed.  Hold this seed and think of what feelings, emotions and beliefs you want to grow to replace what you have let blow away.  It is important to fill these holes or what you have cleared will have room to return.  When you are ready place the seed into the soil and cover it with dirt.  Place your hand over the dirt and set your intention to grow these new experiences.  Know that your guide will watch over this pot and care for it to help this new flower grow.  Thank your guide.

When you are ready walk to the edge of the cloud and let yourself begin to float back down to your physical body.  Float back through the sky into your home.  Float back through the ceiling and into your physical body.  Feel where you are sitting or lying down, and wiggle your fingers and toes.  When you are ready, open your eyes.

 
Find more Free and for Purchase Mp3's and Ebooks HERE.

I hope to journey with you again soon,

Jessica Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your experience with these Meditations. Let me know below!